New house

October 20th 2010katie

I’ve been cagey about talking about this until now in case anything went wrong, but now we’re exchanged it’s pretty set in stone – we’re completing purchase of our new house in 3 weeks’ time! Apart from a few blips along the way (a defunct environmental issue and having to get extra permission to keep our cat) it’s been a pretty smooth buying process.

It’s a 3 bed ground-floor flat just a little further north than we currently are. Decor-wise it’s pretty much an empty shell so I’m really looking forward to getting in there decorating and doing it up. I have quite a lot of ideas on my home inspiration tumblr to filter through!

The kitchen is a delightfully orange shade of pine – we plan to paint the units and replace the handles as a temporary fix, and replace it later when we’ve saved up a bit.

And it even has a little courtyard garden – also needs a bit of work, but just right for a small veg/herb patch.

Of course I’ll be documenting the whole renovation process and doing photo before-and-afters, either here or on a spin-off blog.

Share this entry with this shortURL: http://whatkatiedo.es/newhouse

• Caroline, No.

October 20th 2010 at 8:17 pm

Yay, congratulations. 'Great bones', to spin out that old cliche. Our flat sale fell through yesterday so a bit gutted but still love our flat so it's no hardship to stay a bit longer. :)

Congrats again, doing it up will be fun. Painting those cabinets will be fine! They look like good solid wood.

• Quest Twenty Eight

October 20th 2010 at 9:11 pm

Congratulations on the flat! It looks fantastic. Especially the floor.
    I have that lovely orange pine all over my house too. Great isn't it. We found two coats of water-based primer was the answer, it only takes one coat of gloss on top to make the orange vanish forever! Look forward to seeing your progress.

• Helen

October 20th 2010 at 9:57 pm

Congratulations! I'm in the process of buying a house at the moment and I can't wait to get to the stage you're at! Once I've exchanged I think I'll feel a bit happier. Can't wait to see what you do with the place!

• Hayley Stopford

October 21st 2010 at 2:31 pm

Gorgeous flat! Congrats x

• connie lyu

October 23rd 2010 at 2:22 am

Awesome!!! I love before's and after's!

• conversationpieces

October 26th 2010 at 1:44 pm

Ooh congratulations… can't wait to see what you do with it (not as much as you though I bet!)

• Katyha

October 29th 2010 at 2:14 am

It is so pretty…good luck with all the renovation plans

• Dianne

November 2nd 2010 at 11:11 am

this house is AMAZING for London, good work!

• Tiffany & Co

November 14th 2012 at 4:57 pm

Hey there! I’ve been following your website for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work!