Kitchen moodboard

February 3rd 2011

We were supposed to be a week into having our new kitchen built by now, but unfortunately things didn’t quite go to plan so it’s starting a week late, leaving us with a half-destroyed old kitchen and boxes everywhere. Quite distressing to live in – but it will all be worth it when the new one’s done. Here’s a moodboard of all the stuff that’s going to be in it.

kitchen moodboard

I particularly love the grey mini-brick mosaic tiles (from the creatively-named mosaictileshop.co.uk) and the scrape-dyed linen which my mum’s making into a Roman blind for the window. Yozo Craft deserves a special mention actually, because as well as Japanese fabrics, it stocks all manner of adorable craft papers, sticky tapes, stationery and rubber stamps. I couldn’t resist picking up a few extra bits with my order, and despite being based in China, their shipping rates to the UK are really reasonable. They also sell on Etsy under the name cottonblue.

Share this entry with this shortURL: http://whatkatiedo.es/newkitchen

• Natalie

February 3rd 2011 at 3:19 pm

Looks like it will be lovely – well I would say that as it's very similar to my new kitchen! I also have high-gloss white cabinets with an iroko top and slate floor. I am well chuffed with it. Not long to wait now and all this hassle will seem like a distant memory I'm sure. Fingers crossed for no more hitches.

• Little Lj

February 3rd 2011 at 11:05 pm

Excited to see it all pulled together!

• Diane

February 5th 2011 at 7:34 am

I love it all! Do you think the Yozo Craft linen would be strong enough for armchair slipcovers? I've been looking for fabric just like this to fix up an old armchair I salvaged from the street.

• Sherman Unkefer

February 5th 2011 at 9:50 am

Very lovely pieces!

• katie

February 5th 2011 at 1:22 pm

Diane – I'm not sure it's upholstery weight but I used some of their other linen to re-cover some seat cushions (see a few posts back) and it worked well, though might not last as long as something more hardwearing.

• house remodeling

February 17th 2011 at 5:57 am

Do repairs on your kitchen interior to upgrade it.