Boy Den

March 15th 2011katie

Here’s a few pics of Josh’s boy den in our house, now that we’re finally able to stop using it as a dumping ground while other stuff gets done!

Josh's room
He made his desk from a reclaimed school laboratory top found in Retrovius on some Ikea trestles.

Josh's room
Lots of framed art and ephemera

Josh's room
Plumen bulb in the desk light – which just won Design of the Year!

Josh's room
Josh's room
Crates for storage found on Etsy and in vintage markets, on an industrial (read: cheap) Ikea shelving unit.

Share this entry with this shortURL: http://whatkatiedo.es/boyden

• April – Flooring Wholesale Expert

March 15th 2011 at 10:25 pm

I love how you've turned those great wooden crates full of messy boy stuff into art objects. I have almost exactly the same scenario in my boy's den and I've been wondering how to fix it. You've inspired me.

• mizhenka

March 16th 2011 at 4:00 pm

I was wondering what his room looked like! Love the crates and prints – especially the Animal Farm one.

March 17th 2011 at 10:54 am

Can I please move into your house, it is amazing. I just love your style and it is almost exactly what I would do if I had a place of my own. Renting can be such a bore.

• Connie @ SogniESorrisi

March 20th 2011 at 4:52 pm

Very cool manspace!

• tofupapoose

March 20th 2011 at 5:05 pm

love the framed photos! what paint color did you use for the walls if you don't mind me asking?

• N

March 21st 2011 at 6:55 pm

I am absolutely in LOVE with these pictures! I am currently working on a similar space, I hope it comes out as perfect as this!

• Kate Lewis

March 22nd 2011 at 6:46 pm

love the mix of industrial materials with gray and black, and especially like the Plumen bulb!!! great to have found you through desire to inspire where we were both featured blogs!!!!

• Eddie

August 22nd 2011 at 3:22 pm

I love this boy room, very cool!

What colour have you painted the walls? It looks like a grey/blue mix.