Print workshop with Yellow Owl

May 20th 2011katie

Yellow owl workshop @ UO

I spent a fun Thursday lunchbreak in the local Urban Outfitters yesterday, taking a stamp-cutting workshop with Christine Schmidt of fabulous SF-based stationery and jewellery studio Yellow Owl Workshop.

Yellow owl workshop @ UO
Yellow owl workshop @ UO

Christine was on hand giving tips and advice, as well as signing copies of her new book, Print Workshop, which covers all sorts of do-at-home printing projects, from block-printing to stencils.

Yellow owl workshop @ UO
Yellow owl workshop @ UO
Yellow owl workshop @ UO

I had a quick flick through and it looks like a very comprehensive guidebook to DIY printing, with tips on materials and techniques, as well as several pages of Christine’s own designs to use for personal projects.

Yellow owl workshop @ UO
Yellow owl workshop @ UO

Lookit, I made a little hello bubble stamp to take home! A little rough, but not bad for a lunchbreaks’ work.

Yellow owl workshop @ UO
Yellow owl workshop @ UO

Buy Christine’s book here and check out the rest of Yellow Owl Workshop’s lovely work here.

Share this entry with this shortURL: http://whatkatiedo.es/YOworkshop

• mizhenka

May 20th 2011 at 10:47 am

The book looks great, and it's such a good idea to have these workshops. I remember cutting lino at college while doing a printing module and hacking more out of my fingers – oww. I'm impressed with your first lunch break effort! Much better than what I did over a term, haha

• Jessica

May 20th 2011 at 1:27 pm

Looks like great fun, I had no idea they did events like this in Urban Outfitters.

• thingshelenlikes

May 20th 2011 at 2:25 pm

SOLD! I just ordered a copy of the book. It looks wonderful, and I really love your hello bubble! Well done!

• Elizabeth @rosalilium

May 20th 2011 at 11:07 pm

How fun – I want to spend my lunchbreaks doing this.

• KERRY

June 6th 2011 at 9:57 pm

This looked fab. I really wish I had gone! must get the book though.

• here’s one I made earlier :: yellow owl workshop | confessions of a design geek

September 17th 2011 at 7:47 am

[…] http://www.whatkatiedoes.net/2011/05/print-workshop-with-yellow-owl.html (Urban Outfitters event on What Katie Does) Eco World Content From Across The Internet. Featured on EcoPressed Barefoot math professor runs for environment GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_bg", "ffffff"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_border", "cccccc"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_text", "333333"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_link", "0060ff"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_url", "df0000"); GA_googleAddAttr("LangId", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Autotag", "books"); GA_googleAddAttr("Autotag", "education"); GA_googleAddAttr("Autotag", "entertainment"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "design-events"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "christine-schmidt"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "craft"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "lino-print"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "linoleum-carving"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "london"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "print-workshop"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "printing"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "stamps"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "urban-outfitters"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "yellow-owl-workshop"); GA_googleFillSlot("wpcom_sharethrough"); Share this:TwitterLike this:LikeOne blogger likes this post. This entry was posted in design events and tagged christine schmidt, craft, lino print, linoleum carving, London, print workshop, printing, Stamps, Urban Outfitters, Yellow Owl Workshop. Bookmark the permalink. ← interview :: experimental jetset creative spaces :: emulsion → […]