Carter’s steam fair

July 5th 2011katie

Carter's steam fair

I do look forward to when Carter’s Steam Fair rolls into town. A travelling funfair firmly inspired by Victorian sideshows and vintage attractions, it’s always a a feast for the eyes — but I’m far too scared to go on any of the rickety rides! I just amuse myself playing on the arcade machines, watching Josh in the shooting galley, and taking photos of all the dreamy retro signage. (Sorry for the slightly over-wrought ~vintage~ Photoshop grading effects, I couldn’t help myself.)

Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair
Carter's steam fair

A few more photos on Flickr.

Share this entry with this shortURL: http://whatkatiedo.es/steamfair

• KERRY

July 5th 2011 at 9:34 pm

Snap! A very similar post to mine today! I really like your pictures…and yes, they do lend themselves well to the grading effect :)

• KERRY

July 5th 2011 at 9:40 pm

I think we just commented at the same time!

• yesilikethat

July 5th 2011 at 11:00 pm

I went on the steam powered yachts and they were terrifying! The 8 year olds next to us were completely blase but I was screaming away. It was really fun though. Think once a year is enough.

• Siobhan

July 6th 2011 at 5:52 am

It looks so fun! I want to go on the chair-o-plane! Love the colourful pictures too, so summery!

• grania

July 6th 2011 at 11:32 am

i can't believe you've never been on any of the rides! i love them, probably in part because it feels like health and safety have gone out the window. seriously though, they are all very safe, and excellent fun. try the chair-o-planes as a first step. i love carter's – i've been going since i was tiny and still get completely overexcited whenever they roll into town.

• Wine recipes

July 13th 2011 at 7:58 am

Cool!I really love this wine recipe

• Shabrina

July 6th 2013 at 2:39 pm

Hi, may I know what lens and effect do you apply in those beautiful photos? :)
    I love your blog anyway!!