• Jessica

August 10th 2011 at 2:59 pm

Lovely pics. It has been a strange few days. With all these pictures in the news of people smashing their neighbourhoods to bits, it’s good to be reminded that London is actually a lovely place to live most of the time. I used to walk past that ‘All that we see or seem…’ wall in my first year here all the time. Nice memories!

August 10th 2011 at 3:42 pm

I just searched out the poem that the graffiti’d quote came from, it’s by Poe and really lovely: http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Authors/poe/works/dream.within.a.dream.html

• Alice

August 10th 2011 at 4:08 pm

This is a really lovely post and a gorgeous reminder of just how beautiful London is.

• Intrinsically Florrie

August 10th 2011 at 4:23 pm

Thanks for this beautiful reminder not to let the last few days ruin my love of the city.

Florrie x

• Kate

August 10th 2011 at 6:02 pm

I adore this city.

Kate

• Shinypigeon

August 10th 2011 at 6:45 pm

Thank you Katie. Such an amazing and heartwarming load of piccies. These pictures are our true capital. x

• jools

August 10th 2011 at 6:52 pm

Just wanted to thank you for these beautiful reminders of why I choose to live here & raise my children here & not escape to the suburbs.

• Sarah

August 10th 2011 at 7:16 pm

lovely photographs, they just prove what an amazing city London really is!

MADAM PATTY

• Aisling

August 10th 2011 at 7:20 pm

Great post thanks for sharing these beautiful pics.

• Jessie

August 10th 2011 at 9:11 pm

Thanks for those – beautiful and heartwarming

• siobhan Watts

August 10th 2011 at 9:17 pm

Beautiful pictures, and great to be reminded of what a wonderful city we live in. I love the first photo of the buses through the rain.

• Amy, Narrowboat Lucky Duck

August 10th 2011 at 10:00 pm

Some lovely canal photos in there! I don’t moor in the city but we visited by boat last week. I love London and the canals are some of the best bits!

• Diane

August 10th 2011 at 10:20 pm

Lovely photos Katie. They remind me of how much I used to enjoy getting the train up to London for a day of adventuring!

• Melizza

August 10th 2011 at 10:32 pm

Thanks for this! The photos are beautiful and represent London well.

• Links of the week – missbeliever | missbeliever

August 11th 2011 at 2:04 pm

[…] Katie, Ellie, Helen and Sarah have all done posts about their cities in the wake of the events of the […]

• Threesmallapples

August 11th 2011 at 3:36 pm

The past few days have been both heartbreaking and heartwarming. But despite all of that, and after 10 years, I’m still completely in love with London. These stunning pictures remind me why.

xx

• The Hackney Riots | More Than Toast

August 11th 2011 at 5:06 pm

[…] Road shops, see this great video report from VICE. Katie posts photographs that remind her how much she loves London, Food Stories writes about why she loves Peckham and Ivano discusses first-hand the effect these […]

• Cupsofme

August 11th 2011 at 8:41 pm

Your first picture is most fitting (├ánd beautiful)! Funny as it is, what WE heard on the radio was that your good old English weather (read as: the same rainy drab as here in Belgium) seems to have saved the day in London…

I sure hope everything clears up, as you said: London really is a beautiful city, one of my favourites!

August 11th 2011 at 10:00 pm

Actually, it didn’t really rain until the trouble was over anyway – I think most people were praying for rain, for once!

• Alexis

August 12th 2011 at 10:12 pm

Great post – and good idea too. There is far more good in London than bad.

• Things I love Thursday about London | Laura La Rue Things I love Thursday about London | Loves sausage dogs and chunky heels

August 13th 2011 at 1:16 pm

[…] WhatKatieDoes posted some awesome photos of London this week and it inspired me to dedicate my list of loves to our great capital today. This list could have been endless, but here are just some of the things I love about London. […]

• Sara

August 21st 2011 at 9:58 am

such gorgeous pictures, you really get an insight to the true side of london that you dont see either in tourist-y promotion sites, or in articles that are a tad on the negative side. I’ve always wanted to move to London, and this is making me want to even more!

• Uber Wednesday! « hannamade

September 21st 2011 at 8:53 pm

[…] But work and friends and new beginnings beckon, and these beautiful photos of our capital from What Katie Does are making me quite excited […]