Walking San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco
San FranciscoSan Francisco
San Francisco
San Francisco
San Francisco

Here’s a first few photos from San Francisco. I always think the best way to get to know a city is to walk its streets, and even though everyone said ‘Hire a car!’ I’m glad we didn’t. If nothing else, we walked off all the pancakes and tacos hiking up and down its steep streets, and I think you spy little things that you’d pass by in a car. Plus SF is a pretty pedestrian-friendly city (once you get used to the traffic system) and the crisp, sunny weather of our visit was perfect for strolling.

Coming up, a billion more photos and posts about SF’s food, shops and neighbourhoods :)

• Ciera

November 15th 2011 at 5:10 pm

I adore the photo of the cables crossing above all of those cute buildings!

• Caroline

November 15th 2011 at 5:15 pm

more more more! craving a west coast trip real bad. we were crazy when we went to SF and hired bikes – but it was worth it cycling DOWN the big hills! fun. x

November 15th 2011 at 5:16 pm

We hired bikes on one day to cross the Golden Gate bridge, that was fun but i wouldn’t fancy going UP all the hills around town :)

• Rosie

November 15th 2011 at 6:22 pm

Oh wow, your photographs are beautiful. I really like the idea of just getting lost in a city in order to explore, it’s really not the same behind a windshield. Hope you have/had an amazing time.

November 15th 2011 at 6:26 pm

Looks great. Looking to living my American dreams vicariously through you.

• siobhan Watts

November 15th 2011 at 8:10 pm

Looking forward to more photos, these are lovely. Very jealous you went to SF! Hope you had a great time x

• Kate

November 15th 2011 at 9:59 pm

I can’t believe the steepness of that street! Love your photos, and looking forward to more of your SF posts. I would walk around a new town every blimmin’ time; would only use public transport if I really, really had to.

• Dellosaurus

November 16th 2011 at 2:43 pm

hey!!! i really adore your blog x)

so… i need your photos of la sardina as an example.. may i copy it to my blog? i’ll add a credits and link in each photos… i won’t claim it for sure :) i’m a nice blogger..haha..
    how nice that i’ve ever found you!!

reply asap please… :)

November 16th 2011 at 6:42 pm

Hi, no problem to use images with credit/link back. Thanks!

• Kate

November 17th 2011 at 3:53 am

I can’t wait to see more. Want to go back there now!

• Dellosaurus