Quick diy Christmas cards

December 11th 2011katie

For more Christmas card craft ideas, click here

Christmas cards
diy Christmas cards

Two weeks today until Christmas! I spent a lazy Saturday evening, with Strictly on the telly and baked Camembert in the oven, making my cards and wrapping presents.

diy Christms cards
diy Christmas cards
diy Christmas cards
diy Christmas cards

The cards and tags are just basic shapes made from patterned washi tape and wrapping paper offcuts.

diy Christmas cards
diy Christmas cards

Here’s the best way to shape the washi tape: cut with a scalpel on a plastic board. It peels off quite easily for transfer onto the card.

diy Christmas cards
diy Christmas cards

Isn’t my Charley Harper birdie wrapping paper pretty? It’s on sale at Fred Aldous right now. All my other supplies were from there too (except the heart paper, which was from Daiso in San Fran), including MT patterned tape at the best prices I’ve seen. Yay Christmas!

• Angel Y.

December 11th 2011 at 12:15 pm

These cards look amazing! I love the things you can do with washi tape. These are extremely creative. Thanks so much for sharing.

• Rosie

December 11th 2011 at 12:33 pm

Your presents look gorgeous, love the wrapping paper! I am beginning to regret opting for just brown paper this year as yours look so pretty, love the heart paper in particular.xx

• Melizza

December 11th 2011 at 12:35 pm

What a creative way to use printed tape! The cards look beautiful.

• emma

December 12th 2011 at 12:34 pm

Ok, so now I’m inspired! Love those cards.

• siobhan

December 12th 2011 at 7:59 pm

Such pretty presents. Love your cards as well. I was planning to lino print mine this year but time has run out already! x

• Stacy

August 29th 2012 at 8:47 am

Where do you buy the tape in London?

August 29th 2012 at 10:36 am

I buy online at http://www.papermash.co.uk

• Simon

November 5th 2012 at 2:27 pm

Hi Kate – these cards are great. You’ve nearly tempted me in to making my own cards this Christmas! You might find some handy bits for this kind of thing on our website – Love Craft.

• Guck mal Werwolf – Seite 25

November 19th 2012 at 3:15 pm

[…] cards. 12-Christmas DIY ornaments, cards, decor / card idea Top 7 DIY Christmas Card Designs Quick diy Christmas cards | What Katie Does __________________ We already are. ————————– "We don't want any […]

• Cartões de natal: inspiração e printables – Revista 21

December 19th 2012 at 1:55 am

[…] What Katie Does […]

• Jenna Fulford

November 26th 2013 at 11:28 am

Hi Katie
    Would you mind if we linked your Christmas Card creations to our top craft ideas on our LighterLife blog please? They are fab! The aim of the blog post is to keep weight loss clients busy at Christmas – and away from the pudding :-) Thanks, Jenna – Editor

• LighterLife: Top 5 Christmas craft ideas

November 26th 2013 at 1:12 pm

[…] string, and wrapping paper, are all ideal for making pretty cards. For inspiration, Check out whatkatiedoes.net who have a variety of different styles for you to […]

• DIY Christmas Card Ideas – Baby Gizmo Blog

December 5th 2013 at 6:10 am

[…] What Katie Does. These beautiful Christmas cards are simple and I love the geometric feel they all have to them! Finish them off by writing your favorite Christmas phrase or lyric on the front. […]