Meet miss Lila

March 8th 2012katie

Meet the latest addition to the What Katie Does household…

Lila cat
Lila catLila cat
Lila cat

This is little Lila, she’s a 6 month old ladycat who my friend Arianna found living rough in their neighbour’s coal cellar. They’d been hearing her for a month or two but couldn’t track her down – well, black cat in a coal cellar – but eventually brought her in after they found her sleeping on their doorstep. We aren’t sure if she was born stray or ran away, but no one has claimed her after advertising, so we made the decision to give her a new home (Arianna already has four cats so couldn’t keep her!).

Lila cat
Lila cat
Lila cat

We named her Lila (lee-la) after her gorgeous green lilypad eyes. Given her rough start in life she’s totally healthy, so incredibly friendly and loves to be around people – her lovely purrr is near-constant when you walk in the room and she loves snuggles.

sleepy

She’s currently settling into one of our spare rooms to get acclimatised to her new home. We’ve yet to introduce her to the alpha-male of the family, who I’m not sure will be thrilled to become a big brother but has been surprisingly cool about the new arrival so far. I’ll be sure to keep you posted with pics and how she’s settling in.

• Charlotte

March 8th 2012 at 12:47 pm

So cute! My feed seems to be all about cats this morning, which is definitely OK with me ;)

I’m glad you gave her a nice home, it’s so nice to read about people helping strays instead of just ignoring them.. and I love the name too!

• Juliet

March 8th 2012 at 12:58 pm

She’s gorgeous! She looks like such a sook too, how sweet.

Good luck introducing them!

• Blair

March 8th 2012 at 1:28 pm

omg. SO ADORABLE. Her little paws in the pictures where she’s lying on her back!! Ah, cats. Can’t wait to see more photos.

• Will @ Bright.Bazaar

March 8th 2012 at 2:02 pm

Lila is a delight – so pretty!

• Jessica

March 8th 2012 at 3:22 pm

Aww what a cutie! How could you resisted her, really?

• Kathryn

March 8th 2012 at 8:22 pm

oh I love black cats, they are so beautiful. Did you check for a microchip ? I only ask as I always hope I will get my missing cat back via her microchip information.

March 8th 2012 at 8:31 pm

Yes we did of course – nothing. I think she was probably born stray :(

• Anushka

March 8th 2012 at 9:12 pm

Ah so pretty! I am incredibly envious.

• Alice

March 8th 2012 at 9:23 pm

What a beautiful little lady! Hope they get along when they meet :)

• siobhan Watts

March 8th 2012 at 9:56 pm

She’s a beautiful cat. You’re so lucky you can have cats. I don’t have a garden so I can’t have any, so have to be satisfied looking at cute photos of other people’s.

Hope she likes her big brother x

March 10th 2012 at 11:10 am

Some cats are indoor-only, it’s not necessarily a terrible thing if your flat is a decent size and they get lots of play and attention :)

• Emily

March 9th 2012 at 4:56 pm

She’s beautiful Katie and she certainly looks like she’s loving her new life with you.

Fingers are crossed that Yoni loves her too x

• Amy

March 10th 2012 at 11:07 am

Oh she’s beautiful! She already looks like she’s totally settled and relaxed :)

• Marilia

March 10th 2012 at 10:53 pm

Awesome baby!

• Vivienne

March 11th 2012 at 11:53 am

Love her. Can you bring her with you tomorrow please. I need more adorable kittens in my life :)

• Madeleine

March 11th 2012 at 7:08 pm

But she seems like she’s been handled before, usually stray borns are nervous of human contact – how lovely you’ve homed her, she’s gorgeous, makes me broody for another but I also have an alpha male, so I’ll be curious to see how yours get on.

March 11th 2012 at 7:39 pm

That’s true! I think she’s just happy to be somewhere warm with someone feeding her.

So far she is scaring my big cat more than he scares her…

• Lisa

March 13th 2012 at 1:21 pm

Oh she is absolutely gorgeous!!! She seems really relaxed and happy in her new home already!

So many little black cats are abandoned and never re-homed because people are superstitious about them or don’t find them as cute as other breeds. It’s such a shame and it’s why there is such a thing as Black Cat Awareness Week.

I have a lovely little black cat too called Axel and he is the love of my life!! x

March 13th 2012 at 1:32 pm

I find that so hard to believe, black cats are so cute! They’re my second favourite behind tabbies :)

• caroline

March 14th 2012 at 4:31 pm

argh, so cute! congratulations! and lucky lila. I absolutely love black cats, their coats are so silky! very sweet. x

• fathima

March 15th 2012 at 3:13 pm

Oh my, what gorgeous cats! I love black cats, and the other one’s beautiful, too!

• Tara Galuska

March 18th 2012 at 2:23 am

Too lovely! She looks so happy in her new home.

• Meanz

March 21st 2012 at 7:45 am

She looks like such a sweetie, and is so cute. Glad to hear she was rescued and that you took her in.

• monda

March 22nd 2012 at 10:42 am

I love a cat rescue story – I’m such a sap for that kind of thing.
    What a beautiful cat she is, and so amazing that she is a happy and content people cat too – she looks so at home with you already. I spotted a few of your ‘cat in cage v cat on chair’ pics on twitter. I hope they’ll become friends.
    Mine pretend to not really like each other but as time goes on they seem to forget themselves and we catch them playing and occasionally washing each other. sweet.

• Kerry