Our Copenhagen Airbnb

June 27th 2012katie

Copenhagen

So we spent the long weekend in Copenhagen, and I have billion blog posts drafted up! First up the best bit, our dreamy apartment. We finally used Airbnb for the first time, and I’m so glad we did. We stayed in the most beautiful apartment

Copenhagen
Copenhagen

The Airbnb process was really easy, after I spent ages fretting that something would go wrong. Our lovely host, Daniel, met us at the flat, which was a short walk from the central station in the ‘trendy’ Vesterbro area. He told us some cool places to go in the area before leaving us to it with some cold beers waiting in the fridge. The apartment itself was just like the photos on the listing – a minimal Danish dream with loads of light, a cute kitchen and best of all, a sunlit rooftop terrace and hammock on the top floor.

Copenhagen
Copenhagen
CopenhagenCopenhagen
Copenhagen

We tend to walk around a lot on holidays so it’s great to have a base that you feel comfortable dropping into and relaxing in at any time of day – something you don’t really get with a hotel’s formality. We could also save time and money by buying in some bread and jam for breakfast and popping open a beer in the early evening before heading out for dinner. Josh also discovered the ukelele and DVD collection… cue winding down with Arrested Development reruns of an evening.

CopenhagenCopenhagen
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Copenhagen

Yes, you lose some hotel comforts like fluffy towels, fresh sheets and buffet breakfast, but I’m so pleased we had the Airbnb experience. It made our short trip much more relaxing and made us feel like we really were living in Copenhagen for a short time. I was pretty sad to tear myself away at the end. If you’re planning a city break I highly recommend you book into Daniel’s apartment or many of the other lovely places listed on Airbnb.

• caroline

June 27th 2012 at 11:03 am

Love airbnb! it’s always my first choice now. Big apartment over noisy hotel wins every time for me! (Unless it’s a really nice hotel!)

• Toni

June 27th 2012 at 11:10 am

Oh wow that looks beautiful. We’ve just booked our first Airbnb in the Cotswolds. Can’t wait. Loving your btw! I really like that you’re also based in London ;)
    Toni x
    ettas-corner.blogspot.com

1. Toni

June 27th 2012 at 12:30 pm

Meant to say your blog btw… ;)

• Aimee

June 27th 2012 at 2:00 pm

That apartment looks amazing! I haven’t heard of Airbnb before, but what a great idea! xo

• Kerry

June 27th 2012 at 3:12 pm

It looks great. Glad you had a lovely time. We are still here and also books with Airbnb for the first time. Very happy with the experience. We are nearer to Norrebro/Osterbro. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures x

June 28th 2012 at 11:07 am

Airbnb seems great for families! Hope you’re having fun and the weather’s kind, look forward to seeing what you got up to. x

• rooth

June 27th 2012 at 6:30 pm

I’ve never booked with airbnb but this apartment looks really cute! I’m glad you had a good experience

• Chrissy

June 28th 2012 at 1:08 am

Hey Katie
    How funny I am off to Copenhagen this weekend for a few days and also staying with Airbnb. Any tips of things to do / places to see / shops to visit / places to eat (perhaps most importantly)?

June 28th 2012 at 11:06 am

Lots more posts coming up Chrissie, I can email you the content if you want it before the weekend! Also check out my Google map for shops and eats: http://goo.gl/maps/MCIZ

• Han

June 29th 2012 at 11:24 am

Looks amazing Katie – and about the same price as a hotel? Def would prefer this – I still go for budget backpacker hostels but this is a great reccomendation for the future!! x

June 29th 2012 at 11:30 am

Cheaper than a hotel! And better located and you get tons moere space. A less expensive option to maybe look at is to stay in someone’s spare room via Airbnb rather than the whole flat, they can go for >£20 a night.

• Copenhagen eats | What Katie Does

June 29th 2012 at 11:48 am

[…] mornings from the tiny cute wood-bedecked Kaffe on Istedgade, also in spitting distance from our apartment – we lucked out with location in the foody stakes, […]

• Rain

July 9th 2012 at 6:33 pm

Wow this place is gorj! I was supposed to try AirBNB when I went to Paris but chickened out last minute. Now I am looking forward to trying them out when I visit Barcelona!

• Zoë {Conversation Pieces}

July 24th 2012 at 3:04 pm

What a gorgeous space! Good find :)

We’ve said we only want to do apartments now after our place in Barca…

July 27th 2012 at 8:06 pm

We’ve booked our first ever air bnb experiance for Paris in a few weeks time. I was really nervous but found that the cash we are saving renting an apartment via them rather than staying in a hotel, has allowed us an extra 3 days :) I’m hoping it all goes just as well as your trip!!

x

• Vivi

September 13th 2012 at 4:19 am

Hi! I can’t believe the AMAZING appartment you guys had from airbnb! I tried this service this past july on Paris and London and our Paris appartment was SUCH a joy to be in! And our hosts in London were lovely!! By far though… this photos speak so good of your stay !!

Cheers!

• Helen

January 5th 2013 at 1:54 am

Hello! Just in the process of booking a holiday to Copenhagen and really keen to stay in this apartment, the link above now seems to take you to the airbnb homepage- old you mind sharing the link to the apartment above? Looks like you had a fab time!

January 5th 2013 at 12:36 pm

Hiya, here’s the link: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/360046
      I’m sure you’ll love it!

• Helen

January 6th 2013 at 3:25 pm

Thanks so much- it looks amazing!

January 6th 2013 at 4:31 pm

It’s truly lovely, and in a great spot!