That sports thing in London…

July 28th 2012katie

It’s funny to think that Voldesport is taking place right now in the same London borough as me, about three miles away. I heard the fireworks from the opening ceremony last night before I saw them on TV!

The spectacle of it all has left me pretty cold, but I have been enjoying getting into sport on my own little way: going for a morning run in the local park. It’s made much easier by how very beautiful it is, and the weather’s helping too.

• rooth

July 28th 2012 at 7:01 pm

I would probably run more if the location I ran in was that beautiful! And love that you called it Voldesport. I may have to steal that one

• adam

July 29th 2012 at 1:24 pm

lovely photos of Clissold Park. You’re the first person who’s not caught up in all the Olympic hype. Refreshing to hear, thank you.

• Anushka

July 29th 2012 at 2:13 pm

It’s hideous isn’t it? I also live about 3 miles away from it all. Lovely pictures, I’m too scared to run around my own local park…

• siobhan

July 30th 2012 at 10:36 am

I love running around my local park too, it’s such a great start to the day. I agree with you on the Olympics too, I’m not at all caught up in it. And yes, would love to meet for lunch at some point! x

• Paula J

July 30th 2012 at 10:47 am

There’s a sports thing in London?

• Morag

July 30th 2012 at 11:31 am

I live no where near London so don’t have to put up with it on my doorstep. Just quietly watching from my TV. :) But I absolutely love going for runs too! Got a desserted walkway right where I live! Peaceful :)

• Toni

July 30th 2012 at 12:40 pm

I really enjoyed the opening ceremony but wish it stopped right there. Getting to work has been an absolute nightmare :( Coming home to the suburbs of London and being able to go for walks without any hassle is a blessing though.

• tinajo