About the house 2

August 28th 2012katie

About the house

Not much has changed around here since my last About the house, but since I keep snapping little shots to try out my new camera I thought I’d share.

About the house

Always rearranging the mantelpiece

About the house

Picked up this sweet little dresser from a new vintage shop in Stoke Newington. It was only £125 and fits in great. The bedroom is the last room to be ‘done’ since I’m looking out for the perfect vintage bedside table and we need some shelves building. But it’s slowly coming together now.

About the house

I got these gorgeous things from Spitalfields market. They’re original pencil drawings by lettering artists at the Linotype factory in Manchester. The drawings would form the basis for hot metal type letters to be cast and used to print books. Nice piece of history! Not sure where to hang them though – is above the bed too cheesy?

About the house
About the house

Precious clutter…

About the house
About the house

..and precious cat

• kate

August 28th 2012 at 3:07 pm

Wow! I LOOOOOVE your style. The mantel is so amazing, I’m fiending for the owl. Your cats are cute too. ;)

August 28th 2012 at 3:33 pm

I don’t think it’s too cheesy to hang those above the bed. It’s a great idea! Love your home so much.

• Toni

August 28th 2012 at 5:00 pm

Oooooh Farrow and Ball paint. My fav!!! What colour did you go for? x

August 29th 2012 at 10:38 am

We painted our garden wall in ‘Mizzle’ :)

• Fionnuala

August 28th 2012 at 6:12 pm

Well done on the beautiful dresser! What a great find. Would the initial prints sit well in your entryway, possibly mixed in as part of a larger collection of art on one wall?

August 29th 2012 at 10:36 am

Our hallway is kind of small and crappy, I’d like these somewhere special!

• Anushka

August 28th 2012 at 11:02 pm

Haha a bit cheesy, but who cares?! I love that you describe it as precious clutter. It seems so well-organised and displayed though, a very important factor when trying to disguise the fact that it is indeed clutter. (I try to do this but I fail…)

• Sarah Rooftops

August 29th 2012 at 6:42 pm

You have so many pretty things, but I think (other than your cats, obviously!) my favourite is that wooden owl clock – where did you get it?! It’s gorgeous.

August 30th 2012 at 11:28 am

I think it was from boygirlparty on Etsy, unfortunately they’ve stopped selling it – I can only see another shop with a very poor rip-off now :(

• rooth

August 30th 2012 at 5:00 am

Oh, your art is really spot on and you can really get a sense of your style – thanks for sharing this with us

• Lindsay Jo Blankenship

August 30th 2012 at 5:35 am

Your home is so lovely. I was trying to explain what style I was going for in my home and I just sent her to your blog! You are such an inspiration. I love how you incorporate design into everything you do. It is a goal that I am working on myself. I look forward to seeing your progress, and thank you for sharing!

• Lauryn

September 2nd 2012 at 4:52 am

I just love those linotype drawings! So cool. I would love to get my hands on one!

• Mei

September 2nd 2012 at 9:50 am

Beautiful prints.

• clarissa home blogs

September 4th 2012 at 9:01 am

I love your owl collection! I have quite a few owl pieces, it’s a small addiction of mine as they’re my favourite bird! Beautiful cat too :)

• siobhan

September 13th 2012 at 8:54 pm

Your house is lovely, looks like all the rooms work together perfectly. My flat is not even remotely in the picture sharing stage yet. I’m a slow decorator (best sung to the tune of ‘Smooth Operator’).

• Anna

November 16th 2012 at 4:53 pm

quite a while after you posted this now… but whereabouts in Stokie was it that you got the bedside cabinet?

November 16th 2012 at 5:18 pm

Hello, it was from Burslem on Church Street – it’s about halfway up opposite Nando’s.

• Fiona

November 21st 2012 at 12:44 pm

Love your place, great inspiration for my new flat I am buying. Love the shelves, where did you get them?

November 21st 2012 at 1:04 pm

Thanks, the white/wood shelf is a String, from hauslondon.com

• sandra

January 9th 2013 at 2:51 pm

I love the little wall mounted bedside lights. They’re just what I’m looking for for my bedroom! Where are they from?

January 9th 2013 at 3:19 pm

I love them too! They’re from Garden Trading, but we had to get an electrician to adapt them to make them corded as opposed to wired-in.