Brindisa Tramontana, Shoreditch

October 24th 2012katie

Brindisa, Shoreditch

Now that I’m finally over norovirus and a cold, I’m so ready to make up for lost time and start eating my way round London again. On Saturday we finally got around to visiting the new(ish) Tramontana Brindisa in Shoreditch. I was pleased when they opened up nearer home, replacing the sadly overrated raw vegetarian place Saf and meaning we don’t have to chance getting a spot in their small London Bridge restaurant any more. The new place is much bigger, and was almost empty on a Saturday lunch – I assume it’s busier on weekdays and for dinner.

Brindisa, Shoreditch
Brindisa, Shoreditch

The temptation is to go nuts with tapas and order way too much, and I might have done that. But everything was sooo good. A little bowl of soft, sharp goats curd was drizzled with honey and served with crunchy little breadsticks, and vivid green padron peppers were moreishly salty and smokey.

Brindisa, Shoreditch
Brindisa, Shoreditch

I loved the DIY pan de coca, which came with a perfectly ripe tomato, olive oil, salt flakes and cut garlic ready to rub on.

Brindisa, Shoreditch

Josh ordered the ‘Patatas Tramontana’: oven-baked potato stuffed with sobrasada – a chorizo-type sausage paste – and cheese with a crisply fried egg on top. It looked amazing: he practically inhaled it and I’m plotting a way to cook a DIY veggie version at home.

Tramontana Brindisa is at 152 Curtain Road, Shoreditch.

Tramontana Brindisa on Urbanspoon

• adam

October 24th 2012 at 6:42 pm

those goat curds look AMAZING! Poor old Saf : ( They, funnily enough, did quite a good raw ‘cheese’ plate actually..

• Rachael

October 24th 2012 at 7:37 pm

That looks so good. My stomach just rumbled, I’d better go make some lunch :)

• Christine

October 24th 2012 at 8:18 pm

Yum! Love padron peppers, want it now ;)

• Helen

October 24th 2012 at 9:58 pm

Hmm patatas tramontata sounds amazing. I’m not a huge fan of sobrasada because it can be quite rich, but my family love it spread on toast and then grilled. I imagine it would be lovely with an egg yolk to cut through the richness. I really wantto try brindisa! They supply our local spanish deli with their morcilla and chorizo.

October 25th 2012 at 11:40 am

Josh would be all over sobrasada on toast I’m sure. I’m wondering what to substitute for a veggie version: perhaps a sundried tomato paste with paprika. You must try Brindisa if you’re ever down in Ldn!

• Natalie

October 25th 2012 at 11:27 am

I have to admit I’m a bit sad about the closure of Saf. I had some really good meals (and tea cocktails) there. And it was nice to know that there was somewhere in Shoreditch that I could usually get a seat and that would serve good veggie food. I’m excited to try this Brindisa though so I’ll console myself with that!

October 25th 2012 at 11:39 am

I’m being a bit harsh perhaps. I had one alright meal there and one terrible – I just can’t get on board with this tepid ‘raw’ cooking dealy. Brindisa is definitely an upgrade!