About the house 5

August 5th 2013katie

A few updates from the house, garden, and furry ones…

About the house
About the house
About the house

We solved our kitchen storage dilemma with this lovely Lean Man console from And Then Design. I just love it – it’s perfect for the space, beautifully made, and I can finally fulfil my dream of having grains, pulses and sugar stored in twee vintage jars.

About the house

Of course, it stayed this pristinely tidy for approximately three days and is now covered with mail, pottery and other life miscellany. Minimalist I will never be.

About the house
About the house

My brilliant mum made us some new curtains for the living room from this fabric. They’re thermally lined so will be cosy come the winter. They match the Roddy & Ginger print perfectly!

About the house

Here’s the Clive Pearson pot I picked up in Clovelly – it matches my (similarly named but I think unrelated) Colin Pearson goblet very well.

Garden
Garden
Garden

The garden’s ticking along nicely, with the veg taking it in turns to give us tiny harvests – broccoli, broad beans, tomatoes and chillies.

Yoni
Yoni

Yoni is taking his first steps outside since his accident. Obviously I’m a wreck whenever he goes out of sight, but his leg has healed up marvellously and seeing how happy he is outdoors makes it feel OK about it.

Lila
Lila

Lila’s so happy whenever we’re outside with her!

• Jade

August 6th 2013 at 10:03 pm

Your Lila is just like my old cat, Purdy – always making a mess in the garden of her beautiful black coat!

• Lizzy

August 9th 2013 at 4:59 am

Aww, Lila is such a cutie – she is exactly like my parents’ cat Caribou. She is never happier being an ‘independent’ outdoors cat than when someone is gardening nearby that she can pretend not to be associated with :).

August 10th 2013 at 9:43 pm

Your home is so lovely! I’m glad to hear Yoni is doing better, and it’s so lovely to see Lila happy, too. Beautiful cats!

• Sara

August 11th 2013 at 2:08 pm

So pleased to read that Yoni is doing well. Great news.

August 11th 2013 at 4:51 pm

Thank you – he has a heart checkup next month but all good on the leg front!

1. Sara

August 12th 2013 at 9:14 pm

He looks really well. Fingers crossed for next month. X

• Stacey

August 11th 2013 at 4:18 pm

Oh my gosh your house is decorated beautifully, this is exactly my kind of style. I love those wood floors!

• Sophie

August 13th 2013 at 10:17 am

Ahhh your pictures are so arty and inspiring. I love it. I will be following your blog. Love your cats too x

• Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!

August 19th 2013 at 8:02 am

Such gorgeous cats! And the salsa looks delicious.

• Madeleine

August 19th 2013 at 6:35 pm

Really good to see Yoni out and about, hope Lila’s been sympathetic to him. Just bought your Wonder Cat print on Etsy for a friend’s birthday and hope a little of that goes towards Yoni’s vets bill, though it’s a drop in the ocean I know….

• Kieu-Anh Tran

September 9th 2013 at 12:44 pm

I’m so sorry about Yoni’s condition… I went through similar thing last year with my cat Genie so I know how heartbreaking it is. Anyway, always look on the bright side of life, which is how happy Yoni & Lila are looking right now, and your house looks awesome. Chin up, here’s a virtual hug for you & Yoni! (I’m well aware that we are strangers so this offer of a hug may be a little weird but I couldn’t help it…)

• happyeverafterbride

November 8th 2013 at 10:35 pm

that’s one amazing console! I like your house and its furnishings. Got me all exciting about my new London abode and how shall I style it…