2013 in pictures

December 31st 2013katie

I almost didn’t do my usual photo round-up this year (hence the last-minuteness!) because in a lot of ways this has been a very hard, unhappy year. We’ve had all sorts of upheaval from Yoni getting sick to family illness, relationship breakdowns and deaths. But looking back through my year of photos was actually a positive experience. Despite some really crappy low points, I did manage to fit in four holidays, a lot of crafting and sewing, gigs, more work on the house and plenty of other fun things. Still, I can’t say I am sad to see the back of it and hope that 2014 is altogether calmer. Anyway, here are my favourite photos from each month.

January: a chilly but lovely weekend in Brighton for my birthday. (For my birthday this year we’ve just booked to go to the slightly warmer Tel Aviv, so excited!)

February: A dressmaking class at Ray Stitch which kickstarted an absolute passion for sewing that’s lasted all year.

March: BARBADOS. Without a doubt the highlight of the year, a simply amazing holiday with my lovely family.

April: Efterklang gig

May: Fun/weird trip to Dungeness and Rye for ATP

June: we pimped up the garden in the sunshine

July: A bittersweet (in retrospect) trip to Devon

August: Yoni back outside again after his accident. He’s just got the all-clear on his heart from the vet which was great news to end the year on.

September: Enjoying the yums at Street Feast

October: a much-needed superb holiday to New York

November: we visited the TFL Acton Depot

December: V&A Friday Lates

You can see all my years of photo roundups since 2009 here. I’m glad I kept up my little tradition after all.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year.

• Ginger

December 31st 2013 at 10:45 pm

Happy New Year! Here’s hoping that 2014 is a much-deserved tranquil, happy, and healthy year!

• April

January 1st 2014 at 10:29 am

Happy New Year! Hopefully 2014 will be a better year for you. That’s such great news that Yoni got the all clear!
    We visited dungeness back in August and I know what you mean about it being so strange. I felt like I was in another country or something with how barren and kinda delapidated looking with all the boats etc. It was such a fun trip though!

January 1st 2014 at 3:07 pm

Glad that you were able to end the note on a good note with Yoni’s health. Hoping it is a positive sign for 2014. Looking forward to reading about your holidays in the year ahead (and your other adventures)

• Kerry

January 1st 2014 at 6:49 pm

So stunning! Such an inspiration!

• Angela @Little Apple Tree

January 3rd 2014 at 5:13 pm

Stunning photos! I hope that 2014 is calmer and full of lovely things xx

• Emma Trafford

January 6th 2014 at 10:08 am

This is great and your site is so inspirational – your blog is the one I come back to time and again, I genuinely mean that. I found it 3 years ago when I first went freelance and it’s been fun to see how it’s changed over the time. Beautiful images!

January 28th 2014 at 2:57 pm

Thank you, I love to hear that and it makes me want to keep going with it!

• Mandy Fleetwood

January 10th 2014 at 11:29 am

Great photos, and excellent news about Yoni!

• Emma

January 14th 2014 at 11:45 am

Sorry to hear you’ve had a tough year, Katie but glad Yoni’s news has ended it on a more positive note. May 2014 bring you health and happiness. Thanks for creating such a great blog that’s always inspiring, a pleasure to read and beautiful to look at

January 28th 2014 at 2:57 pm

Thanks for your lovely comment!