About the house 6

January 20th 2014katie

About the house

Time for another little house update – quite a few things are new thanks to some lovely Christmas and birthday presents.

About the house
About the house

Some new mantel pottery: the white biscuit vase is (allegedly) Troika via eBay and the blue-dipped vases were a present from Josh.

About the house

I love this giant scallop-painted vase, also a Christmas present (from Habitat).

About the house
About the house

The art above the fireplace is new too, a Kai and Sunny screenprint.

P1160071

Dying flowers, still pretty though

DIY footstool

I made this footstool from an old duvet.

About the house

A new owl pal (from the Donna Wilson sample sale back in December) perched on top of the bookcase.

About the house
About the house

Gorgeous new kitchenware by Tom Butcher

About the house

Sewing notions are taking over! I can’t wait to get my own room back (my sister’s been staying with us for a while) and organise it into a proper sewing space with a home for everything.

• Anna // angel in the north

January 20th 2014 at 1:25 pm

That foot stool is amazing! Just an old duvet wrapped in fabric? Will you do a tutorial? :)

January 28th 2014 at 2:56 pm

I would but it was really a bodge job! If I try again I’ll be more methodical and write up the steps.

• Jodie

January 20th 2014 at 1:54 pm

I love how beautiful your books look arranged in colour order! i wish i could do this with mine but I’m a little OCD and get frustrated if they’re not ordered by author. I also really like your globe, it’s very pretty.
    x

• Lisa

January 20th 2014 at 2:51 pm

I love the screenprint and the footstool. You’re so talentes as sewing. I wish I could make something similar for our lounge.

• Lisa

January 20th 2014 at 2:52 pm

Obviously my last commented should read ‘talented’, why my predictive text on my phone lets me write non-words is beyond me.

• Angela @Little Apple Tree

January 26th 2014 at 9:02 pm

You have some gorgeous pieces around your house! I love the kitchen stoneware.

• 5 Great Upcycle Projects | HIBS100

January 28th 2014 at 9:00 pm

[…] There’s nothing like the satisfaction of finding a new purpose for something in your home, giving it a fresh lease of life. What Katie Does displays a real sense of ingenuity with this foot stool made from an old duvet. […]

• Suze

February 25th 2014 at 9:24 pm

Beautiful bedroom, can you tell us where you found/bought the letterpress sketches on your wall?

February 26th 2014 at 12:52 pm

Hi, I bought them from Spitalfields market, you can find out more about them here: http://www.thefontarchive.co.uk/

• domestikate

March 2nd 2014 at 9:51 pm

I always love your owly mantelpiece! And that globe is gorgeous.